Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Getting to Know ...


Todd Marlin
General Manager
Bridgeport Bluefish
College: Ohio Northern



What do you like the most about working in professional baseball?

I really enjoy being a part of an organization that can have such a positive effect on a community. We have numerous programs where we speak with kids, read books at schools and so on…A minor league franchise has to do these things to be successful.

What do you like the least about working in professional baseball?

Not having all of my summer evenings available, but being at the ballpark isn’t all that bad.

What is your favorite baseball moment (working, playing or watching)?

My favorite moment was even before I was working in baseball. Watching the Cincinnati Reds sweep the Oakland A’s in the 1990 World Series. Being from that area I’ve always been a Reds fan, now we just need another one in the next few years.

Please list one interesting fact about yourself.

Being from Ohio and living in New England, I have Skyline Chili shipped to me every few months. There’s nothing even remotely close Skyline around here, so it’s my treat every once in a while.

What would your profession be if you weren't working in baseball?

I really don’t know…I guess I would have a real job in corporate America.

Your profile says you're a Buckeye fan. Over/Under on Ohio State winning a National Championship in football by 2012?

Under…Terelle Pryor is the real deal.

What advice would you give to someone wanting to work in professional baseball?

Best advice I can give is to just work hard and learn how to sell. You can be the best media guy or merchandise person in the world, but if you can’t sell it will be difficult to get a job in baseball.


No comments:

Post a Comment